Save money on your energy today
- Unplug chargers when not in use
- Switch off appliances and do not leave on standby. This will save 20% of the appliances energy use
- Energy efficient light bulbs and appliances are a simple and effective way to save energy. An outlay of €50 on bulbs could save you €1,200 per annum
- When putting on the kettle, boil only the water you need
- Take a shower rather than a bath and save 80% on energy use
- Use 'ECO' shower heads and save 50-75% hot water
- Only turn on the dishwasher when full
- By dropping your thermostat by one degree you will save 10% off your heating bill
- Make better use of the timer on your boiler and adjust your thermostatic radiator valves to suit the temperature required in each room
- Your heating should be switched off at least one hour before bedtime
Depending on the overall area of your home, the overall performance can be dramatically improved with a window upgrade.
If you’re currently using single glazed windows, heat loss may be at a critical level, increasing your heating bills.
If you feel your home needs upgrading, a simple phone call with our qualified BER Assessor will point you in the right direction – we'll recommend the best plan of action for eliminating the problems – whether it be simple double glazing, triple glazing – there’s a wide variety of options available to best suit your requirements, and of course, budget.
We’re experts in sourcing the perfect fit for your home. Subject to the condition of your existing window frames, we can replace just the glazing, keeping the frames. No plastering or redecorating required – and a saving of up to 50%!
Benefits of window upgrades include:
- Massive savings on heating bills
- No re-decorating necessary
- Increased comfort and noise reduction
- Improve the value of your home
Sustainable Energy Authority Ireland have made grants available to applicants seeking to improve and update their energy control systems.
The ability to control energy usage can have a massive effect on efficiency and overall spend – some experience an overall annual saving of up to 30%!
Some benefits of upgrading Heating Controls:
- Reduced heating costs
- Lower greenhouse gas emissions
- Increased home comfort
Service your boiler
If your oil or gas boiler hasn't been serviced recently, then you could be wasting money. In fact, by servicing your boiler, you could improve your overall efficiency by 10% - saving you up to €150 per year.
The benefits of servicing your boiler:
- Saves you money - reducing your heating costs
- Reduces CO2 emissions - benefiting the environment
- Gives you peace of mind - improving your boiler's reliability and safety
External Wall Insulation
External Wall Insulation is a direct method of decreasing heat lost through preexisting walls by adding 100mm of insulation to the outside of the home.
Not only does this process improve energy performance, but can even provide the option of a visual upgrade of your home.
As the work is fully external, you avoid any disturbance or inconvenience within your home.
The SEAI grant scheme encourages improvements to a dwelling which will increase the overall energy efficiency, reduce annual spend and decrease emissions and effect on the environment.
Incentive Cash Grant Values
- Attic Insulation – €200
- Wall Insulation (Cavity) – €250
Wall Insulation (Internal Dry Lining)
- Apartment (any) OR Mid-terrace House – €900
- Semi-detached or End of Terrace – €1,350
- Detached House – €1,800
Wall Insulation (External)
- Apartment (any) OR Mid-terrace House – €1,800
- Semi-detached or End of Terrace – €2,700
- Detached House – €3,600
- Heating Controls with Boiler (Oil or Gas) Upgrade – €560
- Heating Controls Upgrade only – €400
- Solar Heating – €800
For more information on the grant scheme log on to the SEAI website seai.ie
For more energy saving tips log on to the Electric Ireland website electricireland.ie